The EU-funded Trade Related Assistance Programme (EU-TRA2) is providing the Government of Papua New Guinea with Technical Assistance to develop critical Electronic Transaction legislation.
The first workshop, taking place at Lamana hotel on 10th May 2018, will be dedicated to explaining the major provisions of the draft law, its structure and scope of coverage, and will draw upon models of best practice from around the world. The project has engaged international trade lawyer, Ms Irina Kireeva to spend almost two months working with government and all relevant stakeholders for the drafting of this important legislation.
Below are the materials for facilitation of the first workshop:
A. WORKSHOP MATERIALS
- Workshop Programme
- Powerpoint 1
- Powerpoint 2
- Powerpoint 3
- Powerpoint 4
- Table 1 – Structure of the Draft Law
- Table 2 – Definition of Terms
B. UNCITRAL DOCUMENTS
- UNCITRAL E-Commerce Model Law
- UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Transferable Records
- UNCITRAL Explanatory notes on Electronic Transferable Records
C. OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION